Crash closes outbound Addams Memorial Tollway between US 20 and Belvidere-Genoa Road
April 9, 2013 (HAMPSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A multiple-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 shut down the outbound lanes near Marengo, about 60 miles northwest of Chicago. All westbound lanes were reopened by about 5:45 p.m.
Traffic was backed for miles.
State troopers diverted traffic off Route 20 while they cleaned up the accident scene.
Authorities transported a number of people to nearby hospitals.
So far, the extent of the injuries has not been revealed.
- LINK: Chicago Traffic
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...