Chicago Weather: More storms could bring hail, lightning, heavy rain, and winds this way
April 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thunderstorms and rain raced through Chicago and the suburbs -- and more wet weather is on the way.
Strong, gusty thunderstorms moved through the area Wednesday morning -- and some of the storms contained hail, according to ABC7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler. There should be a break around lunchtime, but expect another round tonight -- with more rain and possibly thunderstorms likely into Thursday.
Additional storms could bring small hail, lightning, heavy downpours and gusty winds.
One to two inches of rain is possible by the time it's all over on Thursday, Butler said.
Flood Watch for Des Plaines River
A flood watch was issued for the Des Plaines River near Russell from Thursday evening until Sunday morning. As of Wednesday at 5:15 a.m., the stage was at 5.3 feet. With projected precipitation, the Des Plaines River could hit flood stage at 7.0 feet by Thursday evening.
local, tracy butler
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds