Chicago Weather: More storms could bring hail, lightning, heavy rain, and winds this way
April 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thunderstorms and rain raced through Chicago and the suburbs -- and more wet weather is on the way.
Strong, gusty thunderstorms moved through the area Wednesday morning -- and some of the storms contained hail, according to ABC7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler. There should be a break around lunchtime, but expect another round tonight -- with more rain and possibly thunderstorms likely into Thursday.
Additional storms could bring small hail, lightning, heavy downpours and gusty winds.
One to two inches of rain is possible by the time it's all over on Thursday, Butler said.
Flood Watch for Des Plaines River
A flood watch was issued for the Des Plaines River near Russell from Thursday evening until Sunday morning. As of Wednesday at 5:15 a.m., the stage was at 5.3 feet. With projected precipitation, the Des Plaines River could hit flood stage at 7.0 feet by Thursday evening.
local, tracy butler
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913