Chicago Weather: More storms could bring hail, lightning, heavy rain, and winds this way
April 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thunderstorms and rain raced through Chicago and the suburbs -- and more wet weather is on the way.
Strong, gusty thunderstorms moved through the area Wednesday morning -- and some of the storms contained hail, according to ABC7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler. There should be a break around lunchtime, but expect another round tonight -- with more rain and possibly thunderstorms likely into Thursday.
Additional storms could bring small hail, lightning, heavy downpours and gusty winds.
One to two inches of rain is possible by the time it's all over on Thursday, Butler said.
Flood Watch for Des Plaines River
A flood watch was issued for the Des Plaines River near Russell from Thursday evening until Sunday morning. As of Wednesday at 5:15 a.m., the stage was at 5.3 feet. With projected precipitation, the Des Plaines River could hit flood stage at 7.0 feet by Thursday evening.
local, tracy butler
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD