Deadly hit-and-run: Man struck, dragged 2 blocks on Goose Island
April 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police hope surveillance videos will lead to a suspect in a fatal hit-and-run crash in the 900-block of West Division on Goose Island.
Billy Taylor, 40, from Hazelcrest was struck by a vehicle around 4:20 a.m. Thursday. His body was dragged more than 1,000 feet, or almost two blocks, and found near the bridge at the North Branch Canal. Police closed several blocks during the investigation.
The victim died at the hospital.
"He was out with friends. They had gone to a restaurant across the street, Goose Island Shrimp, they were leaving from there," Elliott Musial, Chicago police investigator, said. Musial said the victim was parked across the street on Division. "He was going to his vehicle when he was struck."
Surveillance video shows a dark-colored 2010 Hyundai Sonata near the scene. Police are looking for the car and driver.
local, evelyn holmes
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 25 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 11 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos