Roger Ebert tribute at Chicago Theatre
April 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Love, laughter and tears filled the Chicago Theatre during a tribute to Roger Ebert Thursday evening.
The stars came out to celebrate the life of a man who was larger than life.
Chaz Ebert, escorted by actor Chris tucker, expressed her love and appreciation as she thanked fans, friends and family.
Chicago actors Joan and John Cusack read a letter from President Obama and talked about Ebert's kindness and how he inspired everyone about how to live and die with dignity.
"His voice was more powerful in the last days," John Cusack said.
The tribute included snippets from his show "Siskel and Ebert".
The show's creator Thea Flam talked about Ebert's last days and his enthusiasm for a new project he was working on.
Gene Siskel's widow Marlene Siskel shared stories of the two film critics.
"My son was a pallbearer and now I feel like they are together again," she said.
local, cheryl burton
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos