Roger Ebert tribute at Chicago Theatre
April 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Love, laughter and tears filled the Chicago Theatre during a tribute to Roger Ebert Thursday evening.
The stars came out to celebrate the life of a man who was larger than life.
Chaz Ebert, escorted by actor Chris tucker, expressed her love and appreciation as she thanked fans, friends and family.
Chicago actors Joan and John Cusack read a letter from President Obama and talked about Ebert's kindness and how he inspired everyone about how to live and die with dignity.
"His voice was more powerful in the last days," John Cusack said.
The tribute included snippets from his show "Siskel and Ebert".
The show's creator Thea Flam talked about Ebert's last days and his enthusiasm for a new project he was working on.
Gene Siskel's widow Marlene Siskel shared stories of the two film critics.
"My son was a pallbearer and now I feel like they are together again," she said.
local, cheryl burton
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 19 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 11 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Photos: SXSW accident in downtown Austin
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit 38 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Public transit is good for your health, study finds
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
19 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
47 min ago