4 injured in Matteson auto auction house
April 11, 2013 (MATTESON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Four people were taken to hospitals after two cars collided at an auto auction house in Matteson, Ill.
The two vehicles at Manheim Auction, 20401 Cox Avenue, were being moved when an employee lost control of one of them. One of the cars veered into bystanders.
"A car starting accelerating back of lanes up to 40 miles an hour knocked about three or four people to the ground," Moe Baraket, witness, said. Baraket said it appeared the driver, an elderly man who walked with a cane, accelerated by accident. "One guy flew up in the air."
Four people, including the driver, were taken to hospitals. None of the injuries was life threatening, officials said.
The accident remains under investigation, but the driver was cited with going to fast for conditions.
Manheim's general manager calls the crash a rare event at the auction house, which has hundreds of cars.
"Manheim takes a lot of pride in making sure we have a very safe environment," Mike Cesta, Manheim Auto Auction, said.
local, sarah schulte
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 1 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 1 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child 49 min ago
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship 8 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos