Drew Peterson could lose police pension
April 11, 2013 (BOLINGBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Drew Peterson is serving a 38-year prison sentence.
Now, the Bolingbrook Police Department wants to strip him of his pension.
Village officials will meet Thursday about eliminating retirement funds earned while Peterson was a sergeant.
Peterson's lawyer says the convicted murderer was not found guilty of any official misconduct and the will challenge any attempts to cancel his pension.
Peterson was convicted last year for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who died in 2004.
Last month, a judge ruled that Stephen Peterson, Drew Peterson's son, deserved to lose his job with the Oak Brook Police Department. Stephen Peterson was fired in February 2011 after he testified that he accepted three guns from his father while authorities were investigating the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 43 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery 51 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Ready For Spring Planting
45 min ago
- Daily Herald: Aspiring Park Ranger
48 min ago
- Newsviews: I-DOT Road Construction
6 min ago