Girl, 16, shot in Grand Crossing neighborhood near 75th and Ingleside
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 16-year-old girl who was shot in the stomach in the Grand Crossing neighborhood has given detectives conflicting accounts of the shooting, police said.
The girl was shot around 1:15 p.m. Thursday near 75th and Ingleside, officials said. Paramedics took the teenager, a former Chicago Vocational High School student, to Stroger Hospital in critical condition. She is now in stable condition, official said.
The girl was one of three people shot within four hours in Grand Crossing Thursday.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash 35 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 10 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 37 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 53 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan 53 min ago
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
35 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos