Girl, 16, shot in Grand Crossing neighborhood near 75th and Ingleside
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 16-year-old girl who was shot in the stomach in the Grand Crossing neighborhood has given detectives conflicting accounts of the shooting, police said.
The girl was shot around 1:15 p.m. Thursday near 75th and Ingleside, officials said. Paramedics took the teenager, a former Chicago Vocational High School student, to Stroger Hospital in critical condition. She is now in stable condition, official said.
The girl was one of three people shot within four hours in Grand Crossing Thursday.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 3 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 45 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport