Girl, 16, shot in Grand Crossing neighborhood near 75th and Ingleside
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 16-year-old girl who was shot in the stomach in the Grand Crossing neighborhood has given detectives conflicting accounts of the shooting, police said.
The girl was shot around 1:15 p.m. Thursday near 75th and Ingleside, officials said. Paramedics took the teenager, a former Chicago Vocational High School student, to Stroger Hospital in critical condition. She is now in stable condition, official said.
The girl was one of three people shot within four hours in Grand Crossing Thursday.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos