BP Amoco refinery in Whiting, Ind., back up after flare-up
April 12, 2013 (WHITING, Ind.) (WLS) -- A spokesperson at BP Amoco said production is ''back to normal'' at a refinery where there was a flare-up.
On Thursday afternoon, flames could be seen coming from the refinery in Whiting, Ind. One witness said the flames were as tall as 150 feet. Workers there were evacuated after the apparent equipment failure and flare-up.
BP Amoco said that unit, which produces gasoline, was "briefly shut down," but has been restarted, and as of Friday "production is back to normal."
No one was injured in the flare-up, BP Amoco officials said, and "all safety procedures" were followed. The Whiting refinery has its own fire department.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 22 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 46 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 38 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
22 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
46 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
28 min ago