Food trucks to be part of Taste of Chicago
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This summer, new food trucks will hit the streets of Chicago.
The city will welcome seven new food trucks, including the first three "cook on-board" trucks.
Also, the food trucks will be a part of the Taste of Chicago for the first time, according to a statement from Mayor Rahm Emanuel. The trucks will park on the centerfield concrete path just eas of the lawn seating at the pavilion, and start serving an hour before each evening concert. They will accept the same food and beverage tickets as the other Taste vendors, and have the usual "Taste" portions. Tickets at the Taste will ge sold in strips of 12 for $8.
Also, the city says that the Food Network plans to film an episode in Chicago in June for Great Food Truck Race, hosted by Chef Tyler Florence. The show follows food truck competitors across the country who want to be the winning truck.
taste of chicago, local
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout