Criminal court cell phone ban starts Monday
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you have to head to the Leighton Criminal Courthouse at 26th and California next week, remember not to bring your cell phone.
They are banned starting Monday.
Storage units have been set up.
The goal of the ban is to protect jurors and witnesses from being intimidated by people taking pictures and sending information with their phones.
The ban is scheduled to expand to other courthouses in the county at later dates.
- Spring-like temperatures to give way to snow 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 43 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 29 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 48 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos