AMBER Alert canceled for Sommer Brown, 12-year-old kidnapped from Texas; girl found safe
April 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police said Sunday that an AMBER alert for a 12-year-old girl kidnapped from Texas was canceled after the girl was found safe.
Sommer Brown was reported missing yesterday in Cedar Hill, Texas. Police suspected that she was with her mother, 43-year-old Lisa Elizabeth Brown, who does not have custody of the girl. The suspect was driving a gray 2006 Ford Expedition with Texas temporary license plate 86P 3357.
Authorities said Saturday they thought the pair might be en route to Chicago.
Chicago police said Sunday they received information that Sommer Brown and her mother were located near Indianapolis. Cedar Hill police confirmed that, adding that it was an Indianapolis officer whoe noticed the vehicle and contacted Cedar Hill authorities.
Police also said Lisa Elizabeth Brown was in police custody Sunday.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 1 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 52 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD