Infant on life support after father allegedly tried to smother her
April 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 5-month-old infant is on life support at Lurie Children's Hospital Sunday evening.
Prosecutors say her father tried to smother her for crying Thursday, according to reports.
Parents Angela Petrov, 21, and Rodrigo Rodriguez, 29, both of the 2500 block of W. Fitch Ave., were each charged with aggravated battery to a child.
"It's really sad to hear about it. You just hope the child recovers and the parents get the help they need basically," neighbor Daniel Spivak said.
local, jason knowles
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek 10 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney