Chicago Unity Run honors Boston Marathon runners, explosion victims
April 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A unity run was held Tuesday in Chicago to honor the Boston Marathon runners who were injured during the two explosions.
The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) organized the public event.
The group released a statement, saying, in part, "We invite all runners to join us and run in honor of those who lost their lives and who were injured during this tragic ordeal."
Runners were invited to meet at Foster Avenue Beach on Chicago's lakefront path at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 6:00pm
Foster Avenue Beach House
5200 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago, IL 60640
local, leah hope
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday 15 min ago
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 18 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
15 min ago