Chicago Unity Run honors Boston Marathon runners, explosion victims
April 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A unity run was held Tuesday in Chicago to honor the Boston Marathon runners who were injured during the two explosions.
The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) organized the public event.
The group released a statement, saying, in part, "We invite all runners to join us and run in honor of those who lost their lives and who were injured during this tragic ordeal."
Runners were invited to meet at Foster Avenue Beach on Chicago's lakefront path at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 6:00pm
Foster Avenue Beach House
5200 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago, IL 60640
local, leah hope
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 14 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos