2 allegedly robbed liquor store, shot at off-duty cop
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two men were in police custody Wednesday after they allegedly tried to rob a liquor store and fired shots at an off-duty Chicago police sergeant.
It started in Chicago and ended in the northern suburbs.
Police say, around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday night, two men robbed a liquor store near Kilpatrick and Wilson, and shots were fired.
An off-duty officer chased after the suspects, who then got on the Edens Expressway and led state police on a pursuit.
The pursuit ended in North Chicago, where police arrested the two suspects.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos