2 allegedly robbed liquor store, shot at off-duty cop
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two men were in police custody Wednesday after they allegedly tried to rob a liquor store and fired shots at an off-duty Chicago police sergeant.
It started in Chicago and ended in the northern suburbs.
Police say, around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday night, two men robbed a liquor store near Kilpatrick and Wilson, and shots were fired.
An off-duty officer chased after the suspects, who then got on the Edens Expressway and led state police on a pursuit.
The pursuit ended in North Chicago, where police arrested the two suspects.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 20 min ago
- Skokie fire lights up sky 6 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant 19 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
24 min ago