New judge assigned for sentencing of Jacksons
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new judge has been assigned for the sentencing of former congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife, former alderman Sandi Jackson.
The court is not saying why the switch was made, but the judge who accepted their guilty pleas did have ties to Jackson's father, Reverend Jesse Jackson.
The new judge is Amy Jackson. She has no relation to Jesse or Sandi Jackson.
The former congressman pleaded guilty to looting his campaign treasury. He faces up to 57 months in prison.
Sandi Jackson pleaded guilty to failing to report income on tax returns. She could get two years when the couple is sentenced in about six weeks.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 21 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 1 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
1 min ago