2nd man charged in Logan Square robbery caught on tape
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A second man has been charged in the robbery of a Logan Square convenience store that was caught on surveillance tape.
Keith Owens appeared in court Wednesday to face attempted murder and armed robbery charges.
Another man was charged last week.
Luis Quizhpe was shot several times as he struggled with the robbers at his flag and souvenir store, located in the 2200-block of North Western Avenue, on April 9. The robbers were armed with guns. Quizhpe had a bat.
Cornell Mack, 53, was charged last week with attempted first degree murder, armed robbery and discharge of a firearm.
Officials say Mack was shot by his alleged accomplice during the chaos.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 36 min ago
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake