2nd man charged in Logan Square robbery caught on tape
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A second man has been charged in the robbery of a Logan Square convenience store that was caught on surveillance tape.
Keith Owens appeared in court Wednesday to face attempted murder and armed robbery charges.
Another man was charged last week.
Luis Quizhpe was shot several times as he struggled with the robbers at his flag and souvenir store, located in the 2200-block of North Western Avenue, on April 9. The robbers were armed with guns. Quizhpe had a bat.
Cornell Mack, 53, was charged last week with attempted first degree murder, armed robbery and discharge of a firearm.
Officials say Mack was shot by his alleged accomplice during the chaos.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77