Warsaw Ghetto uprising tribute at City Hall
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel unveiled a City Hall exhibit honoring the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.
The photo exhibit pays tribute to the uprising and to the Jewish fighters who battled the Nazis.
It was the largest Jewish uprising against the Germans in occupied Europe.
The mayor was joined by two survivors of the ghetto.
The exhibit will remain at City Hall through the beginning of June.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 4 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 40 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 26 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
4 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos