Warsaw Ghetto uprising tribute at City Hall
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel unveiled a City Hall exhibit honoring the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.
The photo exhibit pays tribute to the uprising and to the Jewish fighters who battled the Nazis.
It was the largest Jewish uprising against the Germans in occupied Europe.
The mayor was joined by two survivors of the ghetto.
The exhibit will remain at City Hall through the beginning of June.
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 48 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- ABC 7 to Go April 23, 2014
53 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos