Video of Vernon Hills police station shooting released
April 17, 2013 (VERNON HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Vernon Hills Police have released the video of an officer shooting a man in the lobby of the police station earlier this month.
It happened April 3 when the victim, 53 year old Howard Lazarus, walked into the station and showed a fake, but realistic-looking, handgun.
The officer fired twice and hit Lazarus in the abdomen.
He was treated at the hospital and later released.
Police say Lazarus had a note in his pocket that said he was dying from cancer and couldn't do the deed himself.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits