Joe Ligon and The Mighty Clouds of Joy to headline Chicago Gospel Festival
Joe Ligon and The Mighty Clouds of Joy will headline this year's Chicago Gospel Music Festival.
The festival runs from June 20 to 23 with performances and events in Chicago's Bronzeville neighborhood, Millennium Park and the Chicago Cultural Center. The lineup was announced on Wednesday.
This year's theme is "The Year of the Choir" and there will be a "Battle of the Chicago Gospel Choirs," with a grand finale on the festival's opening night.
Bishop Hezekiah Walker, Ricky Dillard and Donald Lawrence will play on Sunday night. Other performers include Smokie Norful, John P. Kee, Lecrae and Tamela Mann.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...