Geyser in Oswego high school hallway
April 18, 2013 (OSWEGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Water shot out of a pipe at an Oswego high school, flooding the hallway before classes started.
A viewer sent a photo of the geyser to ABC7.
"I think it's an outstanding photo if you're planning a trip to a water park, but not one of our high schools," Supt. Dr. Matthew Wendt said.
The geyser occurred at 7 a.m. Thursday after a major storm drenched the west suburbs.
"We had a drain in one of our high schools with a cap that blew off because of the significant water back flow," Supt. Dr. Matthew Wendt said Thursday.
Class doesn't start until 7:25 a.m. and at no time were students or staff in danger, according to Supt. Wendt. The incident was "under control" within half an hour.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 23 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 22 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 49 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 51 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All