Geyser in Oswego high school hallway
April 18, 2013 (OSWEGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Water shot out of a pipe at an Oswego high school, flooding the hallway before classes started.
A viewer sent a photo of the geyser to ABC7.
"I think it's an outstanding photo if you're planning a trip to a water park, but not one of our high schools," Supt. Dr. Matthew Wendt said.
The geyser occurred at 7 a.m. Thursday after a major storm drenched the west suburbs.
"We had a drain in one of our high schools with a cap that blew off because of the significant water back flow," Supt. Dr. Matthew Wendt said Thursday.
Class doesn't start until 7:25 a.m. and at no time were students or staff in danger, according to Supt. Wendt. The incident was "under control" within half an hour.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 5 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night 23 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed 14 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Earth Day Family Fun: Dirt dessert recipe
1 min ago