School bus stranded in Dolton floodwaters
April 18, 2013 (DOLTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- About 10 students were rescued by raft after their school bus became stuck on a flooded street in south suburban Dolton.
The bus stalled at 158th between East End and Greenwood streets.
The children, who were being transported home from Dirksen Middle School in Calumet City, were ferried to dry land two at a time in a small boat.
There are no reports of any injuries.
"This intersection has been known to flood every time we have major rain," said Dolton Fire Department Lieutenant Dave DuVall. "We've been here about 4-5 times today for different cars going around barriers thinking they can make it through the water."
local, leah hope
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area