All lanes of the Bishop Ford reopen after floods recede
April 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All lanes of the Bishop Ford Freeway have opened following flood recovery efforts.
The freeway, also known as Interstate 94, was closed Thursday due to flood waters, the Illinois Department of Transportation had announced. Only the Northbound ramp to I-57 remained closed as of Friday night.
Affected was the Dan Ryan Expressway/I-57 Interchange and Sibley Blvd. The Stony Island feeder ramps were also closed between the Bishop Ford and 95th Street.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains