All lanes of the Bishop Ford reopen after floods recede
April 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All lanes of the Bishop Ford Freeway have opened following flood recovery efforts.
The freeway, also known as Interstate 94, was closed Thursday due to flood waters, the Illinois Department of Transportation had announced. Only the Northbound ramp to I-57 remained closed as of Friday night.
Affected was the Dan Ryan Expressway/I-57 Interchange and Sibley Blvd. The Stony Island feeder ramps were also closed between the Bishop Ford and 95th Street.
- Snow, ice move into southern Illinois 47 min ago
- South Africa, world mourns Nelson Mandela
- Cell phone plans reduced with own device at AT&T 51 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Groundbreaking for $32M DHL facility at O'Hare
- Motorist drives onto CTA tracks in Cicero
- Woman says doc posted ER photos on social media
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Boozer leads Bulls to 107-87 win over Heat
- Man charged with raping woman he met on social media
- Jobs Report: 203K added, unemployment at 7 pct 31 min ago
- Wrigley Field Christmas tree lit
- Rose calls meniscus tear a 'freak accident'
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins
- 7 in :77
- Snow, ice move into southern Illinois
47 min ago