I-55 closed in Channahon due to flooding
April 19, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 55 are closed between US-6 and Interstate 80 in Channahon due to flooding, the Illinois Department of Transportation announced Friday.
IDOT says the closure is anticipated to last one day or more and will be lifted as soon as the flooding recedes.
Motorists traveling along southbound I-55 will be directed to exit onto eastbound Interstate 80, where they should take the exit to southbound Hollywood Road. Traffic should then turn right onto US-6 and continue to I-55.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 17 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 22 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
34 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
17 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos