I-55 closed in Channahon due to flooding
April 19, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 55 are closed between US-6 and Interstate 80 in Channahon due to flooding, the Illinois Department of Transportation announced Friday.
IDOT says the closure is anticipated to last one day or more and will be lifted as soon as the flooding recedes.
Motorists traveling along southbound I-55 will be directed to exit onto eastbound Interstate 80, where they should take the exit to southbound Hollywood Road. Traffic should then turn right onto US-6 and continue to I-55.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913