Southwest flight makes rare O'Hare landing
April 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It was a rare sight at O'Hare Airport Saturday night when a Southwest Airlines plane made an unscheduled landing due to a mechanical issue.
Southwest Flight 2187 from Charlotte was supposed to land at Midway, like all Chicago-bound Southwest flights, but was diverted to O'Hare as a precaution.
The plane landed without incident.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 13 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 49 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 19 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 43 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 6 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
13 min ago