Southwest flight makes rare O'Hare landing
April 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It was a rare sight at O'Hare Airport Saturday night when a Southwest Airlines plane made an unscheduled landing due to a mechanical issue.
Southwest Flight 2187 from Charlotte was supposed to land at Midway, like all Chicago-bound Southwest flights, but was diverted to O'Hare as a precaution.
The plane landed without incident.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking