Retention pond may give way near Brentwood and Briar Cliff in Wheaton, evacuations underway
April 20, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Homeowners in a Wheaton subdivision who just finished cleaning from this week's flooding are being asked to evacuate because a levee from a nearby retention pond may give way.
Police say the affected area is near Brentwood and Briar Cliff.
A reverse 9-11 call has gone out and the fire department has been going door-to-door.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 16 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond 8 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Standoff suspect may be man wanted in Ga....
54 min ago