Retention pond may give way near Brentwood and Briar Cliff in Wheaton, evacuations underway
April 20, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Homeowners in a Wheaton subdivision who just finished cleaning from this week's flooding are being asked to evacuate because a levee from a nearby retention pond may give way.
Police say the affected area is near Brentwood and Briar Cliff.
A reverse 9-11 call has gone out and the fire department has been going door-to-door.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 22 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 4 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 46 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 52 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 28 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
4 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture...
52 min ago