Earth Day 2013 announcement: Chicago airport concessions must go green by end of year
April 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Department of Aviation makes a big announcement on Earth Day.
The department has adopted a new 'green' concessions policy and guide.
The policy --in part-- bans all petroleum-based plastic bags, including trash and take-out bags. All petroleum-based plastic disposable consumer containers and utensils will also be banned.
The policy also calls for the use of only green cleaning and hygiene products.
All existing concessionaires at O'Hare and Midway airports will be required to implement the policy by the end of 2013.
- Springlike temperatures to give way to snow 2 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 32 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 18 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 37 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
18 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos