2 brothers hailed as heroes after Edens rescue
April 22, 2013 (NORTHFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two brothers are being hailed as heroes after pulling four people from a fiery wreck on the Edens Expressway.
Ken Hechtman and his brother Daniel were driving home from their restaurant when the semi truck in front of them swerved near Tower Road. It struck another car and then burst into flames.
Daniel ran to the truck and pulled the driver and passenger out. Ken went to the back of the truck and carried a 10-year-old girl and a 39-year-old woman from the car to safety.
The passengers in the cars sustained serious injuries and burns.
The passengers in the truck were not as seriously hurt.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 28 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 24 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 24 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US 16 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets 27 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 to Go, December 20, 2013
46 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
24 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
24 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos