2 brothers hailed as heroes after Edens rescue
April 22, 2013 (NORTHFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two brothers are being hailed as heroes after pulling four people from a fiery wreck on the Edens Expressway.
Ken Hechtman and his brother Daniel were driving home from their restaurant when the semi truck in front of them swerved near Tower Road. It struck another car and then burst into flames.
Daniel ran to the truck and pulled the driver and passenger out. Ken went to the back of the truck and carried a 10-year-old girl and a 39-year-old woman from the car to safety.
The passengers in the cars sustained serious injuries and burns.
The passengers in the truck were not as seriously hurt.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 2 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans