Recycling program to be expanded in Chicago
April 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The city has expanded its blue cart recycling program over the next five years, Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced Monday.
Every community in Chicago will be part of the program by the end of this year.
Fifty thousand blue carts will be purchased over the next five years for ones that are damaged or need to be replaced.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 5 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 30 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing 53 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 58 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55 50 min ago
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand