Recycling program to be expanded in Chicago
April 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The city has expanded its blue cart recycling program over the next five years, Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced Monday.
Every community in Chicago will be part of the program by the end of this year.
Fifty thousand blue carts will be purchased over the next five years for ones that are damaged or need to be replaced.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap