Vigil held for missing Maywood boy, Bryeon Hunter | Mom charged with murder
April 22, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A South Side community gathered to remember a 1-year-old boy who disappeared a week ago.
Bryeon Hunter was reported missing last Tuesday.
Monday night a vigil was held for him.
Hunter's mother, Lakesha Baker, told police that three men beat her up, and then kidnapped her son.
But prosecutors say Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, beat the boy to death, then dumped his body. Both have been charged with first-degree murder.
Hunter's body has not been found.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs 41 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 46 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract 41 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary