Vigil held for missing Maywood boy, Bryeon Hunter | Mom charged with murder
April 22, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A South Side community gathered to remember a 1-year-old boy who disappeared a week ago.
Bryeon Hunter was reported missing last Tuesday.
Monday night a vigil was held for him.
Hunter's mother, Lakesha Baker, told police that three men beat her up, and then kidnapped her son.
But prosecutors say Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, beat the boy to death, then dumped his body. Both have been charged with first-degree murder.
Hunter's body has not been found.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 54 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Jackknifed semi slows traffic on Tri-State near O'Hare 6 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 38 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 35 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 42 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 37 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77