Vigil held for missing Maywood boy, Bryeon Hunter | Mom charged with murder
April 22, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A South Side community gathered to remember a 1-year-old boy who disappeared a week ago.
Bryeon Hunter was reported missing last Tuesday.
Monday night a vigil was held for him.
Hunter's mother, Lakesha Baker, told police that three men beat her up, and then kidnapped her son.
But prosecutors say Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, beat the boy to death, then dumped his body. Both have been charged with first-degree murder.
Hunter's body has not been found.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night 51 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery 45 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home