Flood waters threaten Plano's historic Farnsworth House
April 23, 2013 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- High water is threatening the Farnsworth House, an architectural treasure in far west suburban Plano, Ill.
PHOTOS: Floods threaten Farnsworth House
Designed by Mies van der Rohe, Farnsworth House is surrounded by water from the swollen Fox River. The modernist one-bedroom home is elevated by columns, which act as stilts.
So far the house is above the water.
The Farnsworth House was built in 1951 and is a national historic landmark.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 16 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months 12 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found, reunited with family 1 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- Fans, former colleagues remember 'Superjock' Larry Lujack
- Toys for Tots gifts needed
24 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for...
12 min ago