Taste of Chicago 2013 concert headliners announced
April 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The lineup of performers at the Petrillo Music Shell for the 2013 Taste of Chicago will include Robin Thicke, Robert Plant, Jill Scott and Neon Trees with previously announced opening performers fun.
The Taste of Chicago runs July 10-14.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel recently announced the welcoming of food trucks into Taste of Chicago for the first time ever this summer in Grant Park. Each evening's concert at the Petrillo Music Shell will offer additional food options for concert attendees served by food trucks.
For the second time, tickets will be sold to the seating area at the pavilion for $25 per ticket while the lawn seating remains free. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale at the Taste website (tasteofchicago.us) beginning May 15. Concert goers may purchase up to 10 tickets per show and there are no additional fees or surcharges added to the $25 ticket.
R&B recording artist Robin Thicke is Thursday, July 11's headliner. Estelle will open, taking the stage at 5:30 p.m.
Rock 'n Roll legend Robert Plant, of Led Zeppelin, takes the stage on Friday July 12, with Robert Plant Presents The Sensational Space Shifters. Opening for Plant at 5:30 p.m. is southern country rock band The Lone Bellow "who recently played to a sold out crowd at SPACE," a mayor's office news release said.
Saturday evening brings three-time Grammy Award winner Jill Scott to the Petrillo Music Shell. Maxi Priest, London born and Jamaican influenced, brings his reggae talent to Taste opening for Scott at 5:30 p.m.
Concerts conclude on Sunday night as Bud Light presents Neon Trees. The Provo, Utah,-based band has achieved great success with its debut album Habits and its #1 single "Animal" was named Top Alternative Song of 2011 by Billboard. Opening for Neon Trees at 4 p.m. is the Mowgli's, the self-described eight friends from Los Angeles who are making music with love, and making love with music.
PETRILLO MUSIC SHELL PERFORMANCES AT 2013 TASTE OF CHICAGO (Opening acts are listed first)
Wednesday, July 10, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 11, 5:30 p.m.
Friday, July 12, 5:30 p.m.
The Lone Bellow
Robert Plant Presents The Sensational Space Shifters
Saturday, July 13, 11 a.m.
Presented by Radio Disney AM 1300
Chloe and Hallie
Saturday, July 13, 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, July 14, 4 p.m.
Presented by Bud Light
taste of chicago, local
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 47 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 37 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 To Go, December 11, 2013
58 min ago