Lisle well water contaminated by flooding
April 24, 2013 (LISLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Health officials in DuPage County say last week's flooding has contaminated some well water in Lisle.
Preliminary testing of some wells shows bacterial contamination.
The Health Department says all Lisle residents who use private wells should have them disinfected and tested before drinking or cooking with the water.
The Health Department is in Lisle distributing bottles for testing along with disinfecting instructions.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 32 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 23 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player 3 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 22 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks 1 min ago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy 3 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 49 min ago
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
32 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
49 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from...
3 min ago