Cook County prison employee accused of phony workers' compensation claim
April 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is accusing one of his prison employees of making a phony worker's compensation claim.
Dart says surveillance video shows the employee walking through a gate at the time and place he claimed to slip and fall injuring his back.
Sheriff Dart is calling for an overhaul of the county's workers' compensation claim-filing process.
He says the video shows the employee slip slightly as he moves through the gate, but not falling.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash 1 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 44 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 3 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
1 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
19 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos