Cook County prison employee accused of phony workers' compensation claim
April 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is accusing one of his prison employees of making a phony worker's compensation claim.
Dart says surveillance video shows the employee walking through a gate at the time and place he claimed to slip and fall injuring his back.
Sheriff Dart is calling for an overhaul of the county's workers' compensation claim-filing process.
He says the video shows the employee slip slightly as he moves through the gate, but not falling.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship