Bryeon Hunter mother could face additional charges
April 24, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The lawyer for a suburban Maywood mother accused of killing her 1-year-old son says he expects additional charges will be filed.
Lakeshia Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, are charged with first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say, after killing the child, Baker claimed her son, Bryeon Hunter, had been kidnapped.
The boy's body has not been found.
Baker and Scott were in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing.
Bryeon was reported missing last week. Baker initially told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying and dumped his body.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 33 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 34 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 20 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
13 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos