Bryeon Hunter mother could face additional charges
April 24, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The lawyer for a suburban Maywood mother accused of killing her 1-year-old son says he expects additional charges will be filed.
Lakeshia Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, are charged with first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say, after killing the child, Baker claimed her son, Bryeon Hunter, had been kidnapped.
The boy's body has not been found.
Baker and Scott were in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing.
Bryeon was reported missing last week. Baker initially told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying and dumped his body.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD