Bryeon Hunter mother could face additional charges
April 24, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The lawyer for a suburban Maywood mother accused of killing her 1-year-old son says he expects additional charges will be filed.
Lakeshia Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, are charged with first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say, after killing the child, Baker claimed her son, Bryeon Hunter, had been kidnapped.
The boy's body has not been found.
Baker and Scott were in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing.
Bryeon was reported missing last week. Baker initially told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying and dumped his body.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 7 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 48 min ago