Jacob Nodarse says he was 'manipulated' in Borizov trial
April 26, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- On the stand Friday, Jacob Nodarse told the court that he was manipulated over several months by Johnny Borizov into killing a Darien family, Jeffrey and Lori Kramer and their 20-year-old son Michael in March 2010.
As Nodarse was questioned by the defense, he described his mental state as between "reality" and "nightmares" during the murders.
"When I pulled the trigger, I did not know that was reality," said Nodarse.
The defense attorney used the unloaded gun in court Friday as evidence.
Nodarse pleaded guilty but mentally ill to one of the three murders, and on Friday he testified about his drug use, mental illness and paranoia.
Nodarse says he committed the murders because he was worried that if he didn't, Borizov would come after his own family.
"I was convinced by Mr. Borizov that there were two possibilities that would end this situation. One being the Kramer family being killed, and the other being my family being killed," Nodarse said.
Nodarse says Borizov planned the murders because because he hated the Kramers, who were his ex-girlfriend's family. Borizov was in a custody battle at the time with the Kramer's daughter Angela.
The Borizov case is the first murder trial to be televised in the Chicago area.
local, leah hope
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 42 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
42 min ago