Chicago extends contract with red light camera vendor
April 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For a second time, the City of Chicago has extended its contract with the red light camera vendor at the center of a scandal.
Redflex Travel Systems reportedly gave free trips to a former city official who oversaw the deal.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel then barred the company from competing for a new contract.
But the city has now renewed the deal to allow for time to select a new vendor.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 21 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court 5 min ago
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 48 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos