Chicago extends contract with red light camera vendor
April 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For a second time, the City of Chicago has extended its contract with the red light camera vendor at the center of a scandal.
Redflex Travel Systems reportedly gave free trips to a former city official who oversaw the deal.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel then barred the company from competing for a new contract.
But the city has now renewed the deal to allow for time to select a new vendor.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 27 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 15 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
45 min ago