Chicago extends contract with red light camera vendor
April 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For a second time, the City of Chicago has extended its contract with the red light camera vendor at the center of a scandal.
Redflex Travel Systems reportedly gave free trips to a former city official who oversaw the deal.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel then barred the company from competing for a new contract.
But the city has now renewed the deal to allow for time to select a new vendor.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney