Wirtz Beverage provides bikes for active-duty service members in Illinois
April 26, 2013 (CICERO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Children of active-duty service members in Illinois will soon get a surprise gift, thanks to some generous contributions.
Friday, more than 50 bicycles were delivered to the Wirtz Beverage Illinois center in Cicero.
Employees got together to assemble the bikes, which were bought by the company.
It's all part of "The Month of the Military Child," which looks to brighten the day of children whose military parents are deployed.
The bikes will be delivered in the days ahead to military children in Springfield.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 17 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 16 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts 22 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos