Wirtz Beverage provides bikes for active-duty service members in Illinois
April 26, 2013 (CICERO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Children of active-duty service members in Illinois will soon get a surprise gift, thanks to some generous contributions.
Friday, more than 50 bicycles were delivered to the Wirtz Beverage Illinois center in Cicero.
Employees got together to assemble the bikes, which were bought by the company.
It's all part of "The Month of the Military Child," which looks to brighten the day of children whose military parents are deployed.
The bikes will be delivered in the days ahead to military children in Springfield.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 23 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 7 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 17 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 44 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits