Wirtz Beverage provides bikes for active-duty service members in Illinois
April 26, 2013 (CICERO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Children of active-duty service members in Illinois will soon get a surprise gift, thanks to some generous contributions.
Friday, more than 50 bicycles were delivered to the Wirtz Beverage Illinois center in Cicero.
Employees got together to assemble the bikes, which were bought by the company.
It's all part of "The Month of the Military Child," which looks to brighten the day of children whose military parents are deployed.
The bikes will be delivered in the days ahead to military children in Springfield.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion 32 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize 17 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 3 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
32 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
17 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
14 min ago