Chicagoans finally get to enjoy spring weather
April 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's been a long time coming but spring-like weather is finally here.
"It's gorgeous. It's gorgeous. It's nice to be done with the cold weather," area resident Eva Aguilar said.
As temperatures made a welcome move into the 60s Saturday, Wendy Ward and her friends were among those who took to the lakefront.
"It's a beautiful day," she said. "I hope there is more to come."
Student sailors participating in a regional high school competition at the Columbia Yacht Club, welcomed the sunshine and somewhat still chilly breezes.
"Sometimes I enjoy the wind because you're going very fast," junior sailor Phillip Sanders said.
The spring fling comes after an unusually cool and wet April in Chicago.
Saturday's highs in the upper 60s would be one of the area's warmest days of the month.
local, evelyn holmes
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 20 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
13 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos