Chicagoans finally get to enjoy spring weather
April 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's been a long time coming but spring-like weather is finally here.
"It's gorgeous. It's gorgeous. It's nice to be done with the cold weather," area resident Eva Aguilar said.
As temperatures made a welcome move into the 60s Saturday, Wendy Ward and her friends were among those who took to the lakefront.
"It's a beautiful day," she said. "I hope there is more to come."
Student sailors participating in a regional high school competition at the Columbia Yacht Club, welcomed the sunshine and somewhat still chilly breezes.
"Sometimes I enjoy the wind because you're going very fast," junior sailor Phillip Sanders said.
The spring fling comes after an unusually cool and wet April in Chicago.
Saturday's highs in the upper 60s would be one of the area's warmest days of the month.
local, evelyn holmes
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 54 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 9 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation