Sherri Shepherd speaks out about living with diabetes
April 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd hosted the seventh annual Living Well with Diabetes brunch at the University of Chicago.
Shepherd talked about living a healthy lifestyle and how to lose weight in order effort to beat and even prevent diabetes. She said she has learned how to live with diabetes successfully.
"I had to re-learn how to eat. I had to get a new relationship with food. I had to start learning how to exercise," Shepherd said. "I still don't like it, but it's a part of my daily life. And, you know what, like I said, this is the best I ever felt since having the diagnosis of diabetes."
Physicians also spoke on how to manage diabetes while chefs gave cooking demonstrations on how to make healthy meals.
In Chicago, one out of every nine people is diabetic.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 7 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 1 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 42 min ago
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 55 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos