Sherri Shepherd speaks out about living with diabetes
April 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd hosted the seventh annual Living Well with Diabetes brunch at the University of Chicago.
Shepherd talked about living a healthy lifestyle and how to lose weight in order effort to beat and even prevent diabetes. She said she has learned how to live with diabetes successfully.
"I had to re-learn how to eat. I had to get a new relationship with food. I had to start learning how to exercise," Shepherd said. "I still don't like it, but it's a part of my daily life. And, you know what, like I said, this is the best I ever felt since having the diagnosis of diabetes."
Physicians also spoke on how to manage diabetes while chefs gave cooking demonstrations on how to make healthy meals.
In Chicago, one out of every nine people is diabetic.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 45 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 8 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 15, charged in shooting of boy, 14, on city's South Side 28 min ago
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says 39 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77