Sherri Shepherd speaks out about living with diabetes
April 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd hosted the seventh annual Living Well with Diabetes brunch at the University of Chicago.
Shepherd talked about living a healthy lifestyle and how to lose weight in order effort to beat and even prevent diabetes. She said she has learned how to live with diabetes successfully.
"I had to re-learn how to eat. I had to get a new relationship with food. I had to start learning how to exercise," Shepherd said. "I still don't like it, but it's a part of my daily life. And, you know what, like I said, this is the best I ever felt since having the diagnosis of diabetes."
Physicians also spoke on how to manage diabetes while chefs gave cooking demonstrations on how to make healthy meals.
In Chicago, one out of every nine people is diabetic.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples\ 46 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos