Monk Thomas Chmura charged with attempted child abduction
April 27, 2013 (ANTIOCH, Ill.) (WLS) -- A monk from Wisconsin has been charged with attempted child abduction and disorderly conduct.
Thomas Chmura is being held in Lake County jail in Illinois after police arrested him Friday after he allegedly tried to lure a 14-year-old Antioch girl into his car Thursday night.
The girl ran home.
Chmura has been living at Saint Benedict's Abbey in Benet Lake for the past 32 years.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 35 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 31 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Man shot in Lincoln Square 3 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos