2 beat cab driver on Near West Side, police say; community alert issued
April 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police issued a community alert about two men wanted for beating a cab driver on the city's Near West Side.
Surveillance photos of the suspects were released Sunday.
The men were riding in the victim's cab in January in the area of 200-North Des Plaines Street. Investigators say they beat the cab driver about the head, face and body and then fled the scene.
Authorities describe both men as white males between the ages of 30 and 35. According to police, one man is about 5 ft. 7 inches tall, weighing 180 lbs., while the second man is about 5 ft. 8 inches tall, also weighing approximately 180 lbs.
Police said both men have black hair.
Anyone with information should call Chicago police.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates