2 beat cab driver on Near West Side, police say; community alert issued
April 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police issued a community alert about two men wanted for beating a cab driver on the city's Near West Side.
Surveillance photos of the suspects were released Sunday.
The men were riding in the victim's cab in January in the area of 200-North Des Plaines Street. Investigators say they beat the cab driver about the head, face and body and then fled the scene.
Authorities describe both men as white males between the ages of 30 and 35. According to police, one man is about 5 ft. 7 inches tall, weighing 180 lbs., while the second man is about 5 ft. 8 inches tall, also weighing approximately 180 lbs.
Police said both men have black hair.
Anyone with information should call Chicago police.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant