Ohio House closing after 53 years
April 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After being in business for decades, a River North diner is closing its doors Sunday.
The Ohio House Coffee Shop is located in the Ohio House Motel and opened 53 years ago.
The owner says he will be replacing the diner with a franchise store, but the motel is not closing.
Long-time customers say they'll miss the family atmosphere and the diner's home cooking.
The shop's owner says he has no plans to move the diner elsewhere.
Customers say if he opens another shop, they'll be there opening day.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap