Ohio House closing after 53 years
April 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After being in business for decades, a River North diner is closing its doors Sunday.
The Ohio House Coffee Shop is located in the Ohio House Motel and opened 53 years ago.
The owner says he will be replacing the diner with a franchise store, but the motel is not closing.
Long-time customers say they'll miss the family atmosphere and the diner's home cooking.
The shop's owner says he has no plans to move the diner elsewhere.
Customers say if he opens another shop, they'll be there opening day.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 59 min ago
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 42 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
59 min ago
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald...
42 min ago