Israel Solidarity Day celebrated in Highland Park
April 28, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Thousands gathered for the Walk with Israel in the north suburbs Sunday, part of Israel Solidarity Day.
It marks the 65th birthday of the state of Israel and is meant as a show of support for the Jewish state.
The walk got under way at Ravinia in Highland Park.
Musical acts were headlined by reggae and rock star Matisyahu.
Money collected will be used for the improvement of children's learning and literacy in Israel.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 26 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10 46 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek 58 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
26 min ago
- I-Team Thursday at 10
46 min ago