Israel Solidarity Day celebrated in Highland Park
April 28, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Thousands gathered for the Walk with Israel in the north suburbs Sunday, part of Israel Solidarity Day.
It marks the 65th birthday of the state of Israel and is meant as a show of support for the Jewish state.
The walk got under way at Ravinia in Highland Park.
Musical acts were headlined by reggae and rock star Matisyahu.
Money collected will be used for the improvement of children's learning and literacy in Israel.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack 18 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night 21 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 6 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos