Israel Solidarity Day celebrated in Highland Park
April 28, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Thousands gathered for the Walk with Israel in the north suburbs Sunday, part of Israel Solidarity Day.
It marks the 65th birthday of the state of Israel and is meant as a show of support for the Jewish state.
The walk got under way at Ravinia in Highland Park.
Musical acts were headlined by reggae and rock star Matisyahu.
Money collected will be used for the improvement of children's learning and literacy in Israel.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 45 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 25 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 7 min ago
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
7 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
45 min ago