Local airman killed in Afghanistan
April 28, 2013 -- An airman who grew up in the Chicago suburbs has been killed in Afghanistan.
The U.S. Department of Defense says Captain Brandon Cyr died Saturday in an aircraft crash near Kandahar airfield.
The 28-year old was born in Colorado, but his family says he grew up in Oswego.
Military officials say three other airmen were also killed in the crash.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 3 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos