Summit man struck, killed by car in front of home
April 29, 2013 (SUMMIT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in southwest suburban Summit are investigating a crash that killed a pedestrian Monday at 61st and Harlem.
The victim was loading something onto a gravel truck in front of his home when he was struck by a car. He has been identified as 46-year-old Salatiel Mendoza.
Summit police are talking with the woman who was driving the car. No charges had been filed as of 11 a.m. Monday.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 55 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- Derrick Rose No. 3 in NBA Jersey sales 2 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77