Summit man struck, killed by car in front of home
April 29, 2013 (SUMMIT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in southwest suburban Summit are investigating a crash that killed a pedestrian Monday at 61st and Harlem.
The victim was loading something onto a gravel truck in front of his home when he was struck by a car. He has been identified as 46-year-old Salatiel Mendoza.
Summit police are talking with the woman who was driving the car. No charges had been filed as of 11 a.m. Monday.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 9 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 22 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout