More than 130 firefighters called to fire at 68th and Cottage Grove in Woodlawn
April 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big fire prompted a large response in Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out about noon in the 6800-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue. No one was hurt.
Heavy smoke and flames poured from the abandoned one story building and more than 130 firefighters were called to the scene.
They used more than 30 pieces of firefighting equipment to bring the fire under control.
The #4 Cottage Grove bus has been rerouted as a result of the fire.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates