More than 130 firefighters called to fire at 68th and Cottage Grove in Woodlawn
April 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big fire prompted a large response in Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out about noon in the 6800-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue. No one was hurt.
Heavy smoke and flames poured from the abandoned one story building and more than 130 firefighters were called to the scene.
They used more than 30 pieces of firefighting equipment to bring the fire under control.
The #4 Cottage Grove bus has been rerouted as a result of the fire.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 36 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 4 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 50 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 15 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake