More than 130 firefighters called to fire at 68th and Cottage Grove in Woodlawn
April 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big fire prompted a large response in Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out about noon in the 6800-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue. No one was hurt.
Heavy smoke and flames poured from the abandoned one story building and more than 130 firefighters were called to the scene.
They used more than 30 pieces of firefighting equipment to bring the fire under control.
The #4 Cottage Grove bus has been rerouted as a result of the fire.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits